Buck Island Lighthouse, Buck Island South of the island of St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
BUCK ISLAND LIGHT
ST. CROIX, VIRGIN ISLANDS
Station Established: 1913 (Danish)
Year Current Tower(s) First Lit: 1915
Relationship to Other Structure:
- The Buck Island light station was originally established by the Danish Government in 1913. The island was transferred to the United States in 1919. At that time the Buck Island Light came under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Lighthouse Service.
- At some point the original tower was replaced by a steel skeleton tower.