Little Rapids Cut (North Entrance) Lighthouse and Keeper's Dwelling at Mission Point, Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
LITTLE RAPIDS CUT LIGHT
MISSION POINT/ST. MARYS RIVER
Station Established: 1858
Year Current Tower(s) First Lit: 1895
Automated? YES 1911
Foundation Materials: TIMBER CRIB
Construction Materials: WOOD FRAMING
Tower Shape: CONICAL
Markings/Pattern: BLACK LANTERN ON YELLOW DWELLING
Relationship to Other Structure: INTEGRAL
Original Lens: FIFTH ORDER, FRESNEL
- 1895 – Lighthouse built to mark the turn from Bayfield Channel into Little Rapids Cut.
- 1911 – Lighthouse automated
- 1929 – Lighthouse decommissioned and later torn down.
Researched and written by Marie Vincent, a volunteer through the Chesapeake Chapter of the U.S. Lighthouse Society.