Martin Reef Light Station, northern Lake Huron, south of Cadogan Point, Clark Township, Michigan
MARTIN REEF LIGHT
REEF EAST OF STRAITS OF MACKINAC/LAKE HURON
Station Established: 1927
Year Current Tower(s) First Lit: 1927
Foundation Materials: CRIB
Construction Materials: REINFORCED CONCRETE/STEEL
Tower Shape: SQUARE
Markings/Pattern: WHITE W/RED ROOF
Relationship to Other Structure: INTEGRAL
Original Lens: THIRD ORDER, FRESNEL
1927 - Completed lighthouse replaced the lightship which had marked the reef since 1906. The lighthouse was duplicated at Poe Reef.
2000 – Ownership transferred to Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- Herbert Crittenden (1927 – 1928)
- Lawrence Clark (1928 – 1930)
- Frank Davis (1931 – 1940)