Oakland Harbor Light, Embarcadero Cove, California
Built in 1903.
OAKLAND HARBOR LIGHT
FORMERLY AT THE ENTRANCE TO OAKLAND HARBOR, NOW IN EMBARCADERO COVE, OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA
Station Established: 1903
Year Current Tower(s) First Lit: 1903
Foundation Materials: CONCRETE PILINGS
Construction Materials: WOOD
Tower Shape: SQUARE WITHOUT A LANTERN
Relationship to Other Structure: INTEGRAL
Characteristic: Fixed White
Original Lens: FIFTH ORDER
- The original tower was built in 1903 at the entrance of Oakland Harbor.
- The lighthouse was relocated to Embarcadero Cove in Oakland in 1951. It was sold to a private party that has maintained the structure as Quinn’s Lighthouse Restaurant.
- The lantern was transferred to Mark Abbott Memorial Lighthouse in Santa Cruz, California.
Researched and written by Melissa Buckler, a Chesapeake Chapter of the U.S. Light House Society volunteer.