Peche Island Rear Range Light (Peach Island Rear Range Light), Peche Island, entrance to the Detroit River from Lake St. Clair, Michigan
Built in 1908, deactivated 1983 and replaced with a skeletal tower. The original tower was saved and installed in Lighthouse Park in Marine City.
PEACH ISLE REAR RANGE LIGHT
DETROIT RIVER NEAR LAKE ST. CLAIR
Station Established: 1908
Year Current Tower(s) First Lit: 1908
Construction Materials: STEEL PLATES
Tower Shape: CONICAL
Relationship to Other Structure:
Also known as Peche Island Lighthouse, Peche Island Rear Range, Peach Island Lighthouse.
1983 – The lighthouse was deactivated and moved to Marine City Waterfront Park.
Researched and written by Marie Vincent, a volunteer through the Chesapeake Chapter of the U.S. Lighthouse Society.