Point Cabrillo Light Station, Point Cabrillo, Casper, California
Built in 1908, operational in 1909.
POINT CABRILLO LIGHT
BETWEEN POINT ARENA & CAPE MENDOCINO
Station Established: 1909
Year Current Tower(s) First Lit: 1909
Automated? YES 1973
Foundation Materials: CONCRETE
Construction Materials: WOOD
Tower Shape: OCTAGONAL ON FOG SIGNAL BLDG
Markings/Pattern: WHITE BLDG/RED ROOF/BLACK LENS ROOM & ROOF
Relationship to Other Structure: INTEGRAL
Original Lens: THIRD ORDER, FRESNEL 1909
Point Cabrillo Lighthouse was established in 1909, displaying a 3rd Order Standard Lens and Air Sirens. It is located about 1.5 miles from Fort Bragg, California. With the exception of a small barn all original buildings stand unaltered. In 1935, an air diaphone supertyfone sound signal was installed. The station was automated in 1973.