Point Iroquois Lighthouse, Brimley, Bay Mills Township, Michigan
Built in 1870.
POINT IROQUOIS LIGHT
WHITEFISH BAY/LAKE SUPERIOR
Station Established: 1855
Year Current Tower(s) First Lit: 1871
Automated? YES 1962
Foundation Materials: CEMENT
Construction Materials: BRICK
Tower Shape: CONICAL
Markings/Pattern: WHITE TOWER/BLACK PARAPET & LANTERN
Relationship to Other Structure: ATTACHED
Original Lens: FOURTH ORDER, FRESNEL 1870
1870 – New keeper’s house was built.
1902 – Two-story keeper’s house added.
Researched and written by Marie Vincent, a volunteer through the Chesapeake Chapter of the U.S. Lighthouse Society.