Portage Lake Ship Canal Lighthouse, Keweenaw Waterway, Lake Superior, Houghton, Michigan
PORTAGE LAKE SHIP CANAL LIGHT
WESTERLY SIDE OF THE CUT TO PORTAGE LAKE SHIP CANAL, KEWEENAW PENINSULA
Station Established: 1874
Year Current Tower(s) First Lit: 1896
Relationship to Other Structure:
Original Lens: 3-½ order Fresnel Lens manufactured by Henry LePaute
Researched and written by Marie Vincent, a volunteer through the Chesapeake Chapter of the U.S. Lighthouse Society.