Roanoke Marshes Lighthouse, Manteo, North Carolina
Screwpile style lighthose built in 1877.
ROANOKE MARSHES LIGHT
Location: IN 13 FEET OF WATER, ON THE EASTERLY SIDE AND ABOUT MIDWAY OF THE NARROW CHANNEL CONNECTING PAMLICO AND CROATAN SOUNDS
Station Established: 1857
Year Last Tower(s) First Lit: 1877
Tower Shape / Markings / Pattern: White square crew-pile structure; piles and roof, brown; lantern, black. Two clusters of piles to northward and two to southward of light-house.
Original Lens: Fourth Order
Characteristic: Fixed white with a fixed red sector between S. 7/8 E. and S. 1/2 E.
Fog Signal: Blower siren; blasts 8 seconds, silent intervals 1-1/2 seconds