Tree Point Lighthouse, Prince of Wales area, Ketchikan, Alaska
Built in 1905.
TREE POINT LIGHT
Location: REVILLAGIGEDO CHANNEL
Station Established: 1903
Year Current Tower(s) First Lit: 1935
Automated? YES 1969
Foundation Materials: CONCRETE
Construction Materials: CONCRETE
Tower Shape: SQUARE ATTACHED TO OIL HOUSE
Markings/Pattern: WHITE ART DECO
Relationship to Other Structure: ATTACHED
Original Lens: FOURTH ORDER, FRESNEL 1904
- Construction of Tree Point light station was completed in April of 1904. The station marks the entrance to Reviliagigedo Channel.
- Two weeks after the initial lighting there was what has been described as a "slight fire" that did some damage to the station. Repairs were made and the station was back in operation in a short time.
- In 1933 work began on reconstruction of the lighthouse. The work was completed in 1935 at a cost of $47,481.
- Station was automated in 1969.