Winter Harbor Light Station, Mark Island, Winter Harbor, Maine
Built in 1856.
WINTER HARBOR LIGHT
Location: MARK ISLAND/WINTER HARBOR
Station Established: 1856
Year Current Tower(s) First Lit: 1856
Foundation Materials: BRICK
Construction Materials: BRICK/ASPHALT
Tower Shape: CYLINDRICAL
Markings/Pattern: WHITE W/BLACK LANTERN
Relationship to Other Structure: ATTACHED
Original Lens: FIFTH ORDER, FRESNEL 1856
- Also known as Mark Island Light.
- 1856 – Lighthouse built.
- 1934 – Sold into private ownership.
- Fred P. Gerrish (1856-1870)
- Allen H. Cole (1870-1876)
- James B. Wright (1876-1888)
- Benjamin Maddox (1888-1896)
- Adelbert C. Leighton (1896-c.1905)
Researched and written by Marie Vincent, a volunteer through the Chesapeake Chapter of the U.S. Lighthouse Society.