Amelia Island Lighthouse, Fernandina Beach, Florida
AMELIA ISLAND LIGHT
Location: ENTRANCE TO ST MARY'S RIVER
Station Established: 1839, rebuilt 1885
Year Current Tower(s) First Lit: 1820
Foundation Materials: Stone
Construction Materials: Brick with stucco
Tower Shape: Conical
Markings/Pattern: White brick tower; lantern, black; dwelling detached.
Relationship to Other Structure: Separate
Original Lens: 14 lamps with 15-inch reflectors, 1839; later a Third Order
Characteristic: Flashing white every 90 seconds
- Located near the mouth of the St. Mary's River, this lighthouse tower consists of the former tower that marked Georgia's Little Cumberland Island. This is Florida's northernmost lighthouse.
- The light still shines every night and uses a third order Fresnel lens. It is now a private residence and is not open to the public.