Arrowwood, 1942 (WAGL-176); ex-Cadillac
Builder: Great Lakes Shipbuilding Company, Toledo, Ohio
Length: 161' 10"
Draft: 13' 6"
Displacement: 677 (fl)
Cost: $70,000 (acquisition); $234,416 (conversion)
Commissioned: 15 December 1942 (USCG)
Decommissioned: 29 September 1945
Disposition: Sold, 11 July 1946
Machinery: 1 compound reciprocating steam engine; 1 Marine fire-tube boiler; 1,500 SHP
Performance: 10.0 knots (max); 8.0 knots (economic); 1,320 mile range @ 8.0 knots
Arrowwood was a former ferry boat that was acquired by the Coast Guard because of her icebreaking capability. She was converted to a buoy tender and was fitted with fire-fighting apparatus by the Toledo Ship Building Company. Once the conversion was complete, Arrowwood was assigned to the 9th District and was stationed at Cleveland, Ohio. She conducted general aids to navigation work and ice-breaking.
She was decommissioned at Grand Haven on 29 September 1945 and was sold on 11 July 1946.
Cutter Files, Coast Guard Historian's Office.
Robert Scheina. U.S. Coast Guard Cutters & Craft of World War II. Annapolis, Maryland: Naval Institute Press, 1982.