Aster, 1922 (WAGL-269)
Builder: M. M. Flechas of Pascagoula, Mississippi
Length: 75' 10"
Beam: 21' 8"
Draft: 5' 7"
Displacement: 109 max
Commissioned: 17 January 1922
Decommissioned: 24 January 1946
Disposition: Sold on 2 October 1946
Machinery: 2 x Standard Motor Company 4-cylinder gasoline engines; in 1932 reengined with 2 x Fairbanks Morse diesels, 90 BHP, twin 3-bladed screws.
Performance & Endurance: Max: 7.8 knots
Deck Gear: Two wood derricks with a gas engine hoist.
Complement: 2 officers, 8 men (1922)
Constructed entirely of wood, the Aster entered service in 1922 and was originally fitted with two Standard Motor Company four cylinder gasoline engines. She also had provisions for a pile driver attached to her hull near the buoy deck. She was assigned to Mobile, Alabama although she did sail from New Orleans at times. She serviced aids to navigation in the Gulf of Mexico.
During World War II, she was assigned to the 8th District and was stationed at Mobile, Alabama and continued to conduct aids to navigation duties in the Gulf of Mexico. She was given the hull designation WAGL-269.
She was decommissioned on 24 January 1946 and was sold on 2 October of that same year.