Yerba Buena, 1907
Machinery: Gasoline internal combustion, single screw
Draft: 4' 2"
Displacement: 14 tons
Acquired: 29 October 1901
Disposition: Decommissioned 1933; sold in December 1933
Complement: 2 men
Built as a harbor launch to tend aids to navigation in San Francisco Bay and ferry workers from San Francisco and Oakland to Yerba Buena Island where the Lighthouse Depot was located. The craft was put out of service before the completion of the Bay Bridge.
Douglas Peterson. United States Lighthouse Service Tenders, 1840-1939. Annapolis and Trappe, MD: Eastwind Publishing, 2000.