A former name retained.
Coast Guard History:
Boston was a 385-foot, 4,989 ton coastal cargo-passenger vessel that first entered service in 1924. She was acquired by the Coast Guard as a training ship on 23 December 1941. She was based at Fort Trumbull, Connecticut. She was turned over to the Maritime Commission on 31 August 1942, as the Coast Guard transferred the responsibility for training personnel for the Merchant Marine to the Maritime Commission.
Cutter History File. USCG Historian's Office, USCG HQ, Washington, D.C.
Robert Scheina. U.S. Coast Guard Cutters & Craft of World War II. Annapolis, MD: Naval Institute Press, 1982.