WPY 352; ex-Elkorn
Boulder was the former 105-foot fishing vessel Elkhorn, originally built in 1906, that the Coast Guard acquired in 1942 for patrol work. She was commissioned on 4 December 1942 and was assigned to the 4th Naval District. She was based out of Atlantic City, New Jersey, and conducted anti-submarine patrols and escort of convoy duty into 1943. She was decommissioned on 15 June 1943 and returned to her owners.
Cutter History File. USCG Historian's Office, USCG HQ, Washington, D.C.
Robert Scheina. U.S. Coast Guard Cutters & Craft of World War II. Annapolis, MD: Naval Institute Press, 1982.