ex-Tanginak; ex-Tyee Junior
Builder: Moran Company, Seattle, Washington
Beam: 17' 7"
Draft: 11' 8"
Displacement: 372 tons
Cost: $35,000 (chartered)
Commissioned: 9 March 1943 (USCG)
Decommissioned: 16 March 1944
Disposition: Returned to owners
Machinery: Steam engine; 350 SHP; single propeller
Maximum Speed: N/A
Economic/Cruising Speed: N/A
Armament: 1 x 20mm/80; 2 x small depth charge tracks
The Caddo, a former whaler launched originally in 1907, was chartered by the Coast Guard for patrol duties in Alaskan waters. She was commissioned on 9 March 1943 and was assigned to the 13th Naval District and was based out of Ketchikan, where she carried out anti-submarine patrol and escort of convoy duties.
She was decommissioned on 16 March 1944 and was returned to her owners.
Cutter History File. USCG Historian's Office, USCG HQ, Washington, D.C.
Robert Scheina. U.S. Coast Guard Cutters & Craft of World War II. Annapolis, MD: Naval Institute Press, 1982.
U.S. Coast Guard. Record of Movements: Vessels of the United States Coast Guard: 1790 - December 31, 1933. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1934; 1989 (reprint).