Built: Providence Engineering Company, City Island, NY
Machinery: Oil fired, steam engine
Top Speed: 11 knots
Beam: 27' 7"
Draft: 10' 7"
Displacement: 510 tons
Acquired : From the US Shipping Board on 21 October 1921
Disposition: Transferred to the Navy on 14 May 1936
Cahokia, a tug transferred from the U.S. Shipping Board, was formerly named Bayside. She was taken over at New Orleans, LA and went to Eureka, CA, in 1923. She was also stationed at San Francisco, CA, where she remained after her transfer to the Navy in 1936.
Donald Canney. U.S. Coast Guard and Revenue Cutters, 1790-1935. Annapolis: Naval Institute Press, 1995.