A plant of the genus Trifolium, bearing compound leaves with three leaflets and tight heads of small flowers.
The Clover was the second Lighthouse Service vessel to carry this name. She was a small steam launch that served in the 11th Lighthouse District. She was rebuilt in 1907 and was sold in 1911.
Douglas Peterson. United States Lighthouse Service Tenders, 1840-1939. Annapolis: Eastwind Publishing, 2000.