EM Caddo, WYP-174 (ex-Tanginak; ex-Tyee Junior)
Builder: Moran Co., Seattle, Washington
Commissioned: 1907 (commercial); 9 March 1943 Coast Guard
Decommissioned: 16 March 1944
Length: 103 ft
Navigation Draft: 11' 8"
Beam: 17' 7"
Displacement: 372 tons full load
Propulsion: steam, single screw
Shaft Power: 350 SHP
Maximum Speed: NA
Economical Speed: NA
Fuel Capacity: NA
Water Capacity: NA
Complement: 10 commercial
Armament: 1 20mm/80, 2 short dc tracks
The Caddo was a former whaler and was suited to duty in northern areas. The builders strengthened the hull with extra scantlings to work in ice. The Government paid $35,000 to charter this vessel.
During World War II, the Coast Guard assigned Caddo to the 13th District and stationed her at Ketchikan, Alaska.