EM Euphane, WYP-360 (ex-Helen Euphane)
Builder: E. James Tull, Pocomoke City, Maryland
Commissioned: 1902 (commercial); 23 March 1943 Coast Guard
Decommissioned: 22 November 1943 and returned to owner 29 December 1944
Navigation Draft: 9' 3"
Beam: 20' 4"
Displacement: 293 tons full load
Propulsion: diesel, single screw
Shaft Power: 380 BHP
Maximum Speed: NA
Economical Speed: NA
Fuel Capacity: NA
Water Capacity: NA
A former fishing boat, the EM in front of the name stood for Emergency Manning. Coast Guard records usually kept the EM before the name of the vessel. The Coast Guard chartered this vessel for patrol work. The charter cost the Government $500 a month and conversion costs were $100,500.
The EM Euphane was assigned to the EASTSEAFRON and was stationed at Cape May, New Jersey for patrol work.