An original name retained by the Lighthouse Establishment.
The Fairy was a 30-ton private schooner that the Lighthouse Establishment purchased in May of 1854 in New Orleans. She was assigned to the 8th Lighthouse District.
She ran aground at Pass Carvallo and was lost during a gale in September of 1854 after only four month of service. The vessel Essayons was purchased as her replacement.
Douglas Peterson. United States Lighthouse Service Tenders, 1840-1939. Annapolis: Eastwind Publishing, 2000.