Commissioned: purchased in 1860, transferred to the US Navy in 1862.
Decommissioned: USN on 29 June 1865, returned to the US Lighthouse Service and sold in Philadelphia in December 1866 for $ 2,092.99.
Navigation Draft: NA
Displacement: 75 tons
Propulsion: sloop-rigged schooner
Maximum Speed: NA
Armament: unarmed in USLHS
Design & Service:
The Granite was used in the construction of Minots Ledge Lighthouse. During the Civil War it operated in the Sounds of North Carolina with the North Atlantic Blockading Squadron.
Cutter History File. USCG Historian's Office, USCG HQ, Washington, D.C.
Douglas Peterson. United States Lighthouse Service Tenders, 1840-1939. Annapolis: Eastwind Publishing, 2000.