Former name retained.
The Heroine was a 70-ton schooner that was purchased by the Lighthouse Service from the U.S. Army Engineer's Department in June of 1853 for $1,500. She was then modified for use as a lighthouse tender at a cost of $1,600. She entered commissioned service later that year and was assigned to the 8th Lighthouse District. She was reassigned to the 7th Lighthouse District in December, 1853. In February 1855 she was transferred back to the U.S. Army.
Douglas Peterson. United States Lighthouse Service Tenders, 1840-1939. Annapolis: Eastwind Publishing, 2000.