A former name retained.
Displacement: 710 tons
Disposition: Sold in January, 1857
Performance & Endurance:
The Lenox was a 710-ton schooner that had been built in 1850. She served in the 4th Lighthouse District during 1856 to assist in the repair of the Brandywine Lighthouse. She also saw service in the 5th and 7th Lighthouse districts.
She was sold at Beaufort, South Carolina in January, 1857. Peterson notes that she may have been chartered from 1859 through 1865.
Douglas Peterson. United States Lighthouse Service Tenders, 1840-1939. Annapolis: Eastwind Publishing, 2000.