Built: City Island, NY
Machinery: Gasoline engine
Displacement: 23 tons
Commissioned: 24 April 1917
Complement: 1 officer, 8 enlisted
Armament: 1 1-pdr.
Patrol was a wooden-hulled vessel first stationed in New York Harbor. Externally she bore some resemblance to the 75-foot "six bitters" that would be built in the 1920s. The cutter was transferred to Washington, DC in 1923. She was at New York during the 1930s and was designated AB-28 in 1938.
Donald Canney. U.S. Coast Guard and Revenue Cutters, 1790-1935. Annapolis: Naval Institute Press, 1995.
U.S. Coast Guard. Record of Movements: Vessels of the United States Coast Guard: 1790 - December 31, 1933. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1934; 1989 (reprint).