ex-Section Patrol Boat 319 (SP-319)
ex-John A. Palmer, Jr.
Builder: Wilmington, Delaware
Draft: 9' 6"
Displacement: 282 gross tons
Commissioned: 1919 (USCG)
Decommissioned: 11 May 1922
Status: Sold 8 August 1922
Propulsion: Compound-expansion steam engine
The Pequot was a cable-laying vessel that was originally a Navy section patrol boat, SP-319, which itself was originally launched as the John A. Palmer, Jr. She was acquired by the Coast Guard in 1919 and renamed Pequot. She saw service along the East Coast laying cables.
She towed her replacement vessel, the former Army mine planter General Samuel M. Mills, from Newport News to the Depot at Curtis Bay, departing on 28 April 1922. Pequot was decommissioned on 11 May 1922 and was sold on 8 August 1922 to McNeal Edwards Company, of Reedville, Virginia for $17,000.
Donald Canney. U.S. Coast Guard and Revenue Cutters, 1790-1935. Annapolis, MD: Naval Institute Press, 1995.
U.S. Coast Guard. Record of Movements: Vessels of the United States Coast Guard: 1790 - December 31, 1933. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1934; 1989 (reprint).