A plant of the genus Dianthus, often cultivated for its sweet-smelling flowers.
The Pink was the former 23 ton, 74-foot wooden-hulled private steam-powered yacht Louisa. She was originally constructed in 1875 and was purchased for the Lighthouse Service on 12 November 1878. Her name was changed to Pink when she was commissioned. She was assigned to the 15th Lighthouse District as an inspection tender.
She capsized and sank while moored at St. Louis on 2 June 1881. She was raised and then sold in late-1881.
Douglas Peterson. United States Lighthouse Service Tenders, 1840-1939. Annapolis: Eastwind Publishing, 2000.