A plant of the genus Dianthus, often cultivated for its sweet-smelling flowers.
The second Lighthouse Service vessel named Pink was a gasoline-powered 30-foot launch that was originally built for service with the tender Armeria. When Armeria transferred to Alaska, Pink stayed behind and began service as a harbor launch in the 3rd Lighthouse District. She was relocated to the 8th Lighthouse District in 1911.
She was taken out of service in 1923.
Douglas Peterson. United States Lighthouse Service Tenders, 1840-1939. Annapolis: Eastwind Publishing, 2000.