St. Clair Flats Canal Lighthouse, Lake St. Clair, Michigan
ST. CLAIR FLATS RANGE LIGHT STATION
Location: SOUTH END OF HARSENS ISLAND, NEAR ALGONAC, MICHIGAN
Station Established: 1934
Year Current Tower(s) First Lit: 1934
Construction Materials: Steel
Tower Shape: Skeletal
Relationship to Other Structure: Separate
Fog Signal: None
- Station established in 1934, replacing the two 1871 St. Clair Flats Canal lights.
- Station included a two-story keeper's house.
- An assistant keeper's residence was built in 1938.
- Station reduced in size in 1985
- From 1985 to 1991 station used as a summer substation
- Station was sold to a private individual in 2003