Brazos River Lighthouse, Gulf of Mexico, Texas
BRAZOS RIVER LIGHT
Location: Northerly side of the Brazos River, about 1 mile inside its mouth
Station Established: 1896
Year Current/Last Tower(s) First Lit: 1896
Tower Shape/Markings/Pattern: Square, pyramidal, skeleton, iron tower; brown below the gallery and black above.
Original Lens: Third Order Clamshell, Fresnel
Characteristic: Flashing white every 10 seconds
Fog Horn: None
- Station was established in 1896; square pyramidal skeleton tower.
- It was a sister station to that on Sanibel Island.
- Station's property was conveyed to Dow Chemical on 7 March 1967 and they dismantled the tower.
- The lantern room and lens are now on display at the Brazoria County Historical Museum.