Buffalo Breakwater Lighthouse, Buffalo, New York
BUFFALO NORTH BREAKWATER SOUTH END LIGHT
RELOCATED FROM NORTH HARBOR ENTRANCE; SITS ON DISPLAY NEAR THE BUFFALO MAIN LIGHT ON THE GROUNDS OF THE COAST GUARD STATION AT THE END OF FUHRMAN BLVD. (BUFFALO WATERFRONT)
Station Established: 1903
Year Current Tower(s) First Lit: 1903
Automated? YES 1960
Foundation Materials: STONE FILLED CRIB
Construction Materials: BOILER PLATE/CAST IRON
Tower Shape: BOTTLE
Relationship to Other Structure: SEPARATE
Original Lens: SIXTH ORDER, FRESNEL 1903
- 1903: The original lens was installed in 1903 and was a sixth order Fresnel
- 1960: The light was automated in 1960.
- 1985: The light was deactivated in 1985.
- 2000: Lighthouse is open to the public and managed by the Buffalo Lighthouse association, Inc. There are no existing keepers quarters on existing sound signal building.
Chronology was researched and written by Diane Hackney.