City Point (floating base), 1924
The Coast Guard acquired six "floating bases" for use as mobile floating headquarters units for the increasing patrol boat fleets coming into service for the enforcement of Prohibition. They were: Argus, City Point, Colfax, Moccasin, Pickering, and Wayanda. Four of the six were concrete-hulled vessels; the other two had wooden-hulls. All had extensive cabin structures topside.
The City Point was a wooden-hulled floating platform that was built in 1913 at Greenport, New York. She was stationed at South Boston, Massachusetts. She was 109' 6" by 33' by 3' 6". It is not known when she was withdrawn from service.
Donald Canney. U.S. Coast Guard and Revenue Cutters, 1790-1935. Annapolis, MD: Naval Institute Press, 1995.
U.S. Coast Guard. Record of Movements: Vessels of the United States Coast Guard: 1790 - December 31, 1933. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1934; 1989 (reprint).